Hussmann's Internship Program provides a meaningful, real-life professional while working as a solutions leader for the food retailing industry. Hussmann interns receive great compensation, participate in community stewardship, network with company leadership, and learn about career opportunities available at Hussmann.
As a Product Management Intern in the 2024 Hussmann Summer Internship Program, you will gain experience and insight into the day in the life of a product management professional. You will work on the Aperion team, a division of Hussmann provides the world's leading IoT devices and digital store solutions to our North American retail clients. We offer a wide product array that includes digital shelf solutions - Electronic Shelf Labels (ESL's), 4K HD Video Rails, Out-of-Stock Detection devices, and more.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Support the Sales and Operations teams with the implementation of Retail Technologies, primarily focused on Electronic Shelf Labels.
- Stage hardware, fixtures, and infrastructure to be sent to customers.
- Execute sales/customer requests for samples.
- Update appropriate systems, e.g., CRM, with all details of the installation and supporting documentation.
- Support all aspects of installations and customer satisfaction.
- Assist Project Managers in ensuring project tasks are completed for go-lives.
- Network with senior leaders, associates, and other program interns to learn about our organization.
- Attend tours of Hussmann's 1.6 million square foot manufacturing facility, our Global Hub, and the R&D Lab.
- Participate in community stewardship outreach, offsite, and career development events.
- Compete in our annual Shark Tank Program.
Shark Tank Program: Throughout the twelve-week program, Hussmann interns will compete with a team of fellow interns in the Hussmann Shark Tank Program. After being divided into cross-functional groups, interns will work to find a solution to the provided problem statement. They will then present the solution to a panel of Sharks (Hussmann Leadership Team and executive leaders) and the organization to compete in the Shark Tank competition.
- Currently enrolled in school pursuing a minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- Strong computer skills
The summer internship will run from approximately the third week of May through the second week of August.
For more than 115 years, Hussmann has been a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way.
Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for Better Businesses, Better Partners, and a Better World. Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor