Light machine operations; A team member that primarily is assigned to saws, drill presses, routers etc., most likely entry level or lower knowledge of different machines, production parts, drawings, job travelers etc.
We have positions open on the following shifts:
- B Shift: Nights 5pm ' 5am Monday ' Wednesday and every other Sunday ($2/hour shift differential)
- C Shift: Days 5am ' 5pm Thursday ' Saturday and every other Sunday ($1/hour shift differential)
- D Shift: Nights 5pm ' 5am ' Thursday ' Saturday and every other Sunday ($2/hour shift differential)
Role and Responsibilities
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven experience as a machine operator preferred
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, manuals and work instructions
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
- Minimum 1 year prior factory experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and understand instructions and possess basic arithmetic skills.
- Must be able to stand for duration of shifts (8-12 hrs.).
- May be required to work a flexible schedule.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.