Hussmann is looking for the right person who has the skills to lead and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meet established plant goals. Candidate must also provide manufacturing processes, and team support, and offer direction and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Candidate must maintain focus on meeting department goals in safety, quality, cost, delivery and moral. Must be a coach and adviser to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development.
- Plan, organize and direct manufacturing activities for specific areas of the plant to meet established plant objectives.
- Serve as a teacher, coach and advisor to facilitate teamwork and continued employee development. Act as a resource to less senior supervisors.
- Provide manufacturing process and team support. Offer direction, expertise and effort in specific manufacturing areas. Maintain focus on meeting plant objectives in safety, quality, productivity, delivery and cost.
- Collaborate on various black belt and green belt Lean Six Sigma projects. Consistently lead at least 2 green belt projects annually. Provide support, direction, and expertise on lean six-sigma projects of less senior supervisors.
- Function as interim Focus Factory Manager, as needed.
- Mentor and support the efforts and activities of less senior supervisors. Facilitate and actively participate in the development and training of supervisors and hourly employees.
- Sponsor customer/dealer visits to the plant.
- Drive major change initiatives, such as employee involvement programs. (Must also complete the requirements for Manufacturing Supervisor I & II)
- 3 + years of experience each in both feeder, assembly, and shipping departments.
- Must have or be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to including ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Display a high level of attention to the perspectives, needs, and concerns of others.
- Demonstrable knowledge of key manufacturing principles and processes.
- 6 Sigma – green belt certification
- Lead training and Leadership Skills training
- OSHA/STOP training
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factor.