Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation, and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
About this Role:
This position responds to the customers' needs for service of equipment through maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. Assist Service Technicians perform prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration systems and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible for performing prescribed, routing maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Responsible for partnering with other technicians for start-up of new refrigeration equipment.
- Understands how workplace efficiencies directly relate to company profitability and is knowledgeable and able to resolve customer warranty issues rapidly and accurately.
- Serve as a mentor to other technicians and able to teach classes on HVAC/R processes, diagnostics, parts, etc.
- Able to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities and assists service management team in providing material and labor estimates as necessary to bid service and repair jobs.
- Responsible for completing necessary documents (work tickets and timesheets) and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate, professional and timely manner.
- Manage truck inventory. Order, receive, bill out and maintain parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manage assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintain a clean vehicle and perform required maintenance on time.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of all advanced electrical and mechanical repairs, HVAC maintenance and repairs, EMS programming, operation, and troubleshooting, advanced wiring diagrams, and complex schematic diagrams to meet the customer needs.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment on more complex service calls.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of compressor operating parameters, oil differential pressure valves and oil level controls.
- Demonstrate understanding of low/high pressure oil systems, split condensing/low ambient controls, refrigerated equipment startup, EMS controls, CO2 refrigeration, new retail store refrigeration startup, air flow characteristics and testing, motor VFD's, and advanced wiring diagrams.
- Perform system refrigerant and oil conversions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Formal Education Requirement:
Required Level: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred level: HVAC-R Technical School Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
- External Candidates: 10 years in the field or 7 years with Certification from a Technical School
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude to include knowledge of basic maintenance tasks and use of hand tools..
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills.
- Able to correctly teach all the previously listed items.
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Excellent Medical Insurance
- 401K Match
- Tuition reimbursement (industry-related)
- Streamlined hiring
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.