The Hussmann Strategy & Corporate Development team is expanding to include a Sr. Manager to lead the development and implementation of inorganic growth strategies. This individual will be responsible for conducting market research, identifying actionable insights, and making recommendations for acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and partnerships. He / she will be integral in evolving the current processes to become more proactive, and to accelerate our ability to identify, approve and integrate targets / acquisitions / new business to Hussmann.
Role & Responsibilities
Mergers, Acquisitions, Partnerships
- Work across functions to understand inorganic growth opportunities, and proactively develop strategies / targets (acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, etc.) that support objectives and align to enterprise strategy
- Facilitate and influence the development of future inorganic growth strategies and assist in gaining consensus across Hussmann leadership teams
- Identify strategic fit, lead financial due diligence and the approval processes for transactions; including the development of needed financial models to test strategic assumptions, fit, market analysis and risk assessment
- Coordinate and assist in structuring necessary legal agreements and contracts
- Lead cross-functional teams, including legal, finance, and HR for due diligence, integrations, etc.
- Collaborate with strategy and leadership teams to accelerate current inorganic growth activity, initial focus on increasing the velocity of transactions while maintaining a high-quality due diligence process
- Monitor and report on the performance of acquisitions, identify opportunities for further growth and expansion
- Manage the approval processes within Hussmann and Panasonic
- Ensure successful integration of acquisitions and partnerships into the Hussmann business, including identification of integration risks/challenges
- Act as primary liaison to external partners, sell-side contacts, etc.
- Continuously review integration processes and make recommendations for improvement
Thought Leadership / Market Assessment
- Provide thoughtful research, analysis, and recommendations regarding inorganic growth opportunities, responsibilities include workstream ownership, engaging directly with key internal and external partners to develop insights, and working with data and analytics teams
- Synthesize findings to create an informed perspective on emerging areas of strategic interest e.g. innovation, markets, technology, acquisition investments, etc. and make recommendations to leadership
- Propose new ways to present and configure data / research to support key take-aways and recommendations
- Work with marketing and commercial counterparts to plan / organize research for specific growth and M&A outcomes
- Provide ad-hoc strategic support for Hussmann Strategy & Leadership Teams; conduct deep dive analyses as required
- Provide recommendations to strategy and leadership teams on systems, tools, best practices to support new business opportunity development, assessment, prioritization, scalability
Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related field. Advance degree or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of experience, with at least 8 years in inorganic growth strategies (acquisitions, joint ventures, licensing agreements, etc.),
- Significant experience / exposure to M&A transaction processes (buy-side and/or sell-side)
- Expert level of comfort analyzing financial documents, e.g. income statement, cash flow analysis, balance sheets – experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Proven track record of successfully executing acquisitions, partnerships, joint ventures, etc.
- Experience working with private equity firms, understanding of engagement models, funding structures. etc.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and strategic thinking skills – ability to communicate complex information in meaningful ways
- A detail and results oriented mindset.
- Strong executive communication and project management capabilities
- Retail, food merchandising, and consulting experience a plus
You will be eligible for a hybrid-remote work schedule
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career.
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non merit-based factor.