About the Role:
This position is responsible for the knowledge and analysis of product data for determining HTS classifications, country of origin determination, understanding and preparing documentation specific to import and export compliance regulations. It also includes maintenance of system data and record retention, FTA qualifications, and other import and export compliance related activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Import and Export Transaction Auditing ' discovery and import/export risk reduction
- Collaborate with internal and external teams, to include focus on: HTS classification, Valuation methods, Country of Origin determination, handling kits, documentation review and auditing of all import shipments
- Participate in the annual USMCA/COO Solicitation October through February
- Ensure compliance with country specific import and export regulations, inclusive of denied party screenings, export declarations, classifications, Export Administration Regulations, compliance, licensing requirements, and adherence to special trade agreements (i.e. USMCA, CAFTA)
- Document compliance processes and procedures that drive regulation excellence and supports the improvement in data accuracy and ensure compliance and cost containment
- Assist thru data compilation, analysis, and reports that support Hussmann Compliance objectives around planning, developing, and implementing Global Customs compliance, including regulations of the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Treasury, US Customs rules and regulations as pertaining to CTPAT, USMCA, CAFTA, HTS, and to ensure that plants, sales branches, and brokerages operate at complete compliance, productivity, and profitability
- Provide support to stakeholders for daily oversight of imports, exports, and inbound shipments to ensure compliance with all Customs rules/regulations and to insure on time delivery of products to customers
- Develop and maintain KPI's, contract compliance & quality scorecard requirements
- Assist with the preparation of Compliance training documents and participate in training cross functional groups, as needed
- Support and assist in import and export record retention program according to global requirements
Education Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years' experience in trade compliance and/or brokerage with a degree
- 7+ years relevant experience without a degree
- US Customs Brokerage license preferred
- Broad background in the HTS and Customs operations
- Ability to learn multiple computer/MRP Systems
- Strong skills with Microsoft excel, access database, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex information to all levels of the organization
- Experience dealing with Customs operations and the complexities of the supply chain
- Strong ability to document information relative to the processes and background for decisions made ' excellent record detail and retention
**This position is eligible for a hybrid-work schedule**
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more.
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents as well as 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit based factor.