The purpose of this role is to oversee the coordinating, invoicing, procurement and account receivables of the organization. The management responsibilities are driven through the supervision of the day-to-day operations of the general office administration. The role’s focus is to ensure the local district staff effectively and efficiently supports the achievements of district goals and objectives. The person in this position will have approximately 12 direct reports (in various administrative roles such as billing, dispatch, purchase orders) spanning multiple states.
- Monitor, measure and modify processes and procedures of general office administrative staff to effectively and efficiently meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Oversee the administrative team including hiring, managing, coaching, training, developing and disciplining of service and installation office staff while insuring all monthly business operation goals are meet.
- Maintain rules of engagement and necessary training documents.
- Develop and execute the plan of the yearly physical inventory for the district.
- Develop process improvements and initiatives to reduce slow-moving inventories.
- Perform inventory analysis and management to avoid general ledger imbalances.
- Monitor all open jobs in department and ensure that all jobs are properly billed to the customer.
- Oversee customer and subcontractor contracts to ensure they are accurately filed, processed, and invoiced/paid as appropriate.
- Review documents, such as cost reports, accounts payable processing management, refrigerant, purchase orders, and staffing demands to determine personnel or materials requirements while requisitioning and maintaining inventories of supplies necessary to meet production demands.
- Establish subcontractor and supplier accounts.
- Oversee employee payroll processing including tracking of paid time off, completion of reports for bargaining employees as applicable, and review and submission of employee expense reports for hourly staff.
- Develop working partnerships with district’s Fulfillment and Operations Management.
- Examine and analyze accounting records to determine audit readiness. Report to management about audit results.
- Responsible for oversight of staff who confer with customers by telephone or email to determine reasons for payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts. Arrange for payment or establish repayment schedules based on customers' financial situations. Locate and monitor overdue accounts. Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong leader with background in management/supervision
- Accounting, AR, billing, purchase orders, parts inventory
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, completing priorities/tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle pressure and timelines
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational, time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and adaptable to diverse info systems
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Ability to work in a team environment and desire for continuous learning through cross-training.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Matching 401K
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer