Performs maintenance, diagnosis and repair of refrigeration, heating & air-conditioning systems commonly installed in supermarkets, convenient stores and cold storage facilities. Operates independently with minimal direct supervision. Develops first line customer relations and identifies potential sales opportunities.
- Performs prescribed, routine maintenance procedures on supermarket refrigeration system and self-contained temperature-controlled merchandisers.
- Enough system knowledge to match customer needs with potential sales opportunities and ability to complete rapid/accurate diagnosis.
- Manage truck inventory. Orders, receives, bills out and maintains parts responsibly with a minimum of waste. Manages assigned vehicle within all company guidelines. Maintains a clean vehicle, performs required maintenance on time.
- Complete necessary documents and electronic communication in a thorough, accurate, professional and timely manner. Demonstrate the ability to utilize hand-held device to complete necessary paperwork and invoicing requirements.
- Ability to systematically utilize mirror and flashlight to check all joints, install PVC drain pipe with minimal supervision, set and trim cases, install and adjust glass doors and frames, use temperature sensors, use brazing and soldering techniques, and determine proper coil layout in complex boxes.
- Accurately identify pipe size and fittings by sight, perform system refrigerant and oil conversions and test oil during conversion and electric weld a variety of metals and joint types.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and correctly size thermostatic expansion valves.
- Working knowledge of pressure regulators as they pertain to pressurized gases, refrigerant flow controls, TEV troubleshooting and replacement, and tracing complex schematic diagrams.
- Demonstrate understanding of low/high pressure oil systems, split condensing/low ambient controls, refrigerated equipment startup, EMS controls, CO2 refrigeration, new retail store refrigeration startup, air flow characteristics and testing, motor VFD's, all system defrost types, recovery setup, torch setup, compressor operating parameters, conventional refrigeration system layout, and parallel rack system layout, and advanced wiring diagrams.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of gauge, scale, recovery, ECM, shaded pole, PSC, three phase motors, compressor operating parameters, oil differential pressure valves and oil level controls.
- Detect and repair leaks on conventional systems and parallel racks, solder with copper-to-brass and copper to steel, conduct compressor diagnosis and replacements, troubleshoot and repair more complex service calls, check/adjust oil management system and compressor oil level control.
- Serve as a mentor to other technicians and lead HVAC/R PM programs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.•
Formal Education Requirement:•
Required Level: High School Diploma/GED•
Preferred level: HVAC-R Technical School Degree•
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:•
7 years in the field or 5 years with Certification from a Technical School
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: •
- Must have a Valid Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record accordance with the Fleet Policy.
- Must be physically able to walk distances, bench and crouch, climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift/carry objects up to fifty pounds, repetitively and for an external period.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated and highly motivated.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude to include knowledge of basic maintenance tasks and use of hand tools.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends as required.
- Working knowledge of basic refrigeration and/or knowledge of commercial refrigeration and HVAC is preferred.
- Strong leadership and business acumen.
- EPA 608 Universal Certification.
- Superior decision-making ability and paperwork skills.
- Company vehicle provided
- Incentives paid twice per year
- Benefits first day
- Paid training with access to Hussmann Institute Online library
- Paid drive time (including overtime)
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with Company Matching Contribution
- Discretionary 401k Company Contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Family Leave
- Panasonic Employee Discounts
- Paid Vacation and 12 Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program