Warranty Claims Filing Guidelines
FILING POLICY – TIME LIMITATION
Warranty Claims must be submitted no more than 45 days after the warranty repair was performed (this is 45 days total, not 45 working days). Any warranty claim submitted more than 45 days past the repair date will be denied by Hussmann Warranty Department.
If the claim is denied or rejected due to policy guidelines, the claim may be “appealed” within 30 days of the denial date, if the sales or a Hussmann representative has agreed to re-process. (In some instances, it may require a new claim to be submitted.) No appeals will be considered after the 30 days from denial.
WARRANTY CLAIM TYPES
Machine Claims (standard warranty claims): Standard warranty claims are issued by the Hussmann Warranty department when a repair is deemed to be covered during the original warranty period covering the affected part.
Field Modification Claims (campaign): A field modification claim is used when proactive servicing is deemed necessary for a specific group of equipment. There is a Field Modification Bulletin issued by Hussmann Corporation and providers/contractors are requested by Hussmann to complete the Field modifications under those bulletin guidelines.
Hussmann moved to TWMS (Tavant Warranty Management System) in 2009; which brought all claim processing “in-house” and all claims are processed by a Hussmann Warranty Processor. The TWMS allows service providers/contractors to submit their own warranty claim invoices straight into the claim system and manage and follow the invoice thru the full cycle.
Below are a few points that will assist in facilitating the timely processing of your claims.
You must submit the following for a claim:
- Itemized invoice (if applicable - broken out into categories: labor/parts)
- Service Technician work/job ticket:
- must show the equipment serial number(s)
- If the claim is for a compressor replacement; you must provide the old and new serial number and model of the compressor, in addition to the equipment serial number(s).
- If the claim is for doors/ frames on equipment - the serial numbers must be provided, in addition to the equipment serial number(s).
- Date of failure
- Date of repair
- Detailed information of the Problem found (bad, broken, doesn’t work, or a ‘Hussmann rep met us there’ is not acceptable) – We need to know what was wrong with equipment.
- Detailed information of the Work performed. (Fixed, completed, or ‘fixed like Hussmann told us to’ is not acceptable. We need to know what work was performed.)
- Any additional comments or notes as needed.
- Receipts for any individual part(s) over $50
- S.R.A. # (service request authorization #) – if applicable
- Copies of email/documentation or name of Hussmann representative, if applicable which will help in the processing of the claim.
- Preventative Maintenance forms (applicable for self-contained product—See Self-Contained Equipment policies for models this applies to on the Hussmann website)
- Proof of installation and Purchase of the extended warranty purchases must be provided for claims outside the warranty policy terms.
CLAIM SYSTEM SET-UP AND ACCESS
All Service Providers must submit their own claims into the Hussmann OEM Warranty Claims system effective 2019.
If you already have access to Hussmann TWMS, you may submit all your claims directly into the system and attach the items mentioned above in the claims directly. The website address is: http://warranty.hussmann.com/login.action.
If you are unsure if you have access or need a log in, please contact the Hussmann Warranty Department:
CLAIM REMITTANCE STATEMENTS
There are 2 remittance statements for Hussmann warranty claims sent out 2 times per month. These statements will be sent for fully accepted, partially accepted, and denied warranty claims. The statements are sent to the email provided at the time of set-up. Hussmann does not call or email persons individually to advise them of a partially paid or denied claim. These remittance statements serve that purpose and for Service Providers/contractors convenience, the warranty system is available 24-7 for users to look up their claims and status (for those who have access).